lunes, 18 de marzo de 2013

The aftermath


For those who do not know me, which I assume is probably a high percentage of whoever is visiting this blog; I’m studying English Studies at university. Incredibly enough, I’m already at the last months of the degree, which means that in less than four months – if I manage to pass everything – I will be a graduate student.

Throughout the years I’ve been taking some subjects that I liked and some that I didn’t, but all of them were compulsory. Now, since it’s the last year, I could choose the subjects I wanted to do (except for two subjects from the past year that I couldn’t take because of Erasmus).

As you will probably see as the blog progresses, my favourite area by far is literature. I’ve always enjoyed reading and occasionally writing, but I wanted to become what my teachers call professional reader, so not only read, but be able to grasp the meaning of the whole book; and then be able to teach it (which was my dream since I was nearly a kid). Honestly, I’ve found quite hard to read some of the books but the satisfaction that I felt when I could read (and understand!) for instance Wuthering Heights was incredible.

This last semester I’m taking quite a few modules in literature. And I must say that, although there is an awful lot of work to do and an awful lot of reading to do, I’m enjoying every bit of it. Perhaps it’s encouraged by the thought that I’ll be gone in less than four months, perhaps is that finally I could choose the modules I wanted to take and therefore they’re more in accordance with what I want to do. Perhaps it’s a mixture of both.

In any case, and although most of the time I just want to finish off, start holidays and not having to think about when the next essay is due; I feel very happy to be where I am right now. This is what I’ve always wanted to do and this is the path I’m going to follow probably all my life.
A (quite long) chapter in my life is finishing. So, if you want to accompany me through these last sentences, through these last words, you are more than welcome. We will enjoy together the last bit of storm before the calm, and we will live the aftermath. What the future will bring, I don’t know. But I will make sure I blog about it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario